Unmatched Care | Fast and Reliable Service | Your ICU in the Sky
By providing an unmatched fleet of expertly equipped Hawker business jet aircraft, complete with Lifeport™ Plus stretcher systems and on-board care provided by highly skilled Aeromedical Doctors and Nurses we are able to offer a true 24/7 365 days a year service.
As one of the oldest non-scheduled Aircraft Operators in the world, having been established for over 70 years, Owenair is extremely proud to be the exclusive Air Ambulance service provider to International SOS and Air Rescue Africa for, but not limited to, the Sub-Saharan African Region. International SOS are considered the world’s largest Assistance Company and provide its clients with a worldwide network and 24/7 access to world-class medical and security services via its global system of Assistance Centres and networks on the ground. One call puts clients in touch with doctors, nurses, logistics co-ordinators and security teams.
Supported by our internal 24/7 team – United Flight Support – Owenair have the ability to dispatch an Air Ambulance Rescue flight worldwide, within 2-3 hours of activation, using a dedicated Flight Crew who are highly trained and experienced.
Our dedicated medical team are highly skilled and able to care for patients of all ages, and offer care to patients with varying medical needs. Our ability to call on specialists at a moment’s notice also elevates the care we are able to offer to you, no matter where you are.
Each of our exclusive Air Ambulance aircraft is equipped with the following equipment:
- Portable Ultrasound
- Powered Lifeport™ Stretchers with built-in long range oxygen supply
- Adult, paediatric and neonatal intensive care Ventilators
- Cardiac Monitors – Defibrillators with pacemaker, 12 lead ECG, Spo2, CO2
- In-flight arterial blood gas analysis
- Invasive and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring
- Infusion pumps and syringe drivers
- Suction units with backup
- Standard, rescue/immobilisation equipment and vacuum mattresses
- Patient Isolation Medical Unit – for transportable VHF, SARS, Avian flu or other infectious diseases
- Thrombolitics and snake bite anti-venom
- Universal donor blood when required
For a highly competitive and reliable service, using a dedicated fleet of expertly equipped Air Ambulance aircraft, contact International SOS (Operated by Owenair) for an immediate response on +27 11 541 1300